Saturday, May 29, 2010

Here we go again!

I am getting much better at this blogging thing! Look at this twice in one month! Thanks to all for the congrats on the baby. The bigger I get, the more excited I get! I try and wear my tightest shirts so that people can see the stomach I am developing! Still had about five comments yesterday telling me that I don't look pregnant. Great! strangers just think that I am one of those chubby people who are in denial that their skinny days are over!
I went to the doctor again and was very excited that this four months I actually gained weight instead of just feeling like I did. I got to hear the baby's heart beat again. I got a little nervous when he started looking for it. I generally am not a person who panics, but for about 30 seconds all these horror stories flashed through my mind. (Yes in 30 seconds I have time to think of many stories...) When I did hear it I was so relieved! I am really going to have a baby! Weird! Doctor said everything is good and I set the appointment to find out the gender. I am pretty excited about this. So is Jason since he will actually get to come to this appointment... Scheduling between his practicum and school and my work and school has been pretty crazy and he has missed hearing the heart beat twice.
After my appointment I got to work and the kids wanted to know all about the baby and if "it came out" this time. I told them that I got to hear the heart beat and one of them said, "did they check to see if it was dead... that's what happened on Marley and Me. The baby got dead..." One thing for sure, You cannot be sensitive around four year olds. So we had a nice talk about how sometimes babies do die...
We also have a lot of nutrition talks. I am suremy kids go home and tell their parents, "babies need lots of water, babies need oranges and carrots, babies like grapes..." They have also asked questions like how did the baby get in your stomach and how does the doctor get it out. Needlwss to say these kid won't need child development! :) I guess I better get to work cleaning! Ahhh Saturdays!

2 comments:

Toones said...

Erin Congrats chica!!! How exciting! Listen, I didnt start showing until I was about 14 weeks along and Im having TRIPLETS! So just enjoy this time where your back doesnt kill you because of this huge bump. It will come, trust me! Tell Jason congrats too!!! We miss you guys!

Carlie said...

that is way cute! I love that your kids are asking you those things. How funny. Gotta love it. Glad to hear all is well. I want to see pics!!!